- WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR DATA FOR
- YOUR RIGHTS
- NEWSLETTER AND MARKETING COMMUNICATION
From time to time we may revise this policy. When significant changes are made, we will notify you by email.
This policy has been updated on 25thof May 2018, to reflect changes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To read more about GDPR and what it means, scroll to the bottom of this page.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
‘Personal data’ is identifiable information about you, e.g. your name, email, address, phone number, Credit Card, bank account details, support enquiries, online school posts and comments and so on.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but please be aware that some of our services and parts of our website are tailored to you as an individual and as such, access to some of those services and areas require your personal details.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data:
directly from you, when you:
- place an order for one of our products or services on our website. For example, we may ask for your name, email and address so that we can communicate with you in regards to your order and provide you with the products or service
- send us an enquiry or request support from us
- join us on social media
- attend our events, trainings or webinars
- when you visit our websites or use our services, we collect some information about you, which can include your IP address, your browser or device type, geographical location and time
This information is used for statistical purposes and to provide you a better shopping experience. If you wish to opt out of the tracking you can install a browser add-on from google that allows you to block google analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is your choice as to whether you provide your personal data such as your name and address to us. We use your data to:
- provide you services and communicate with you regarding your order or purchase
- provide you with information you have requested, such as login details, product material, etc
- provide you with operational updates, such as changes to our terms and policies and security updates
- support you in using our website and services you have signed up for, including helping you to resolve technical issues and other issues related to our websites and services
- ask for your feedback or invite you to take part in a survey (if we use a third party to conduct a survey, we will let you know)
- enhance our websites and services, for example, by tracking and monitoring your use of our websites so that we can provide a better shopping experience for you and other customers
- send you marketing communications, including information about new products, event and program announcements, services we think you might be interested in and other marketing updates, according to your marketing preferences
- market to you, for example, in addition to sending you our newsletters and marketing communications, we may use your statistical or anonymised data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party platforms
- produce reports for internal business use, for example, we may use the personal data we collect from our customers to create business performance reports
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes.
We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Third parties we partner with to help us receive, process and deliver your order, such as payment processing gateways (for example, PayPal) and shipping providers (for example, NZ Couriers)
- Law enforcement authorities, regulators, courts, government agencies or authorised third-parties where we are required to do so by law
- Other third parties where we have your consent
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries where our hosting provider’s servers are located, such as New Zealand. These countries may have laws different to what you are used to. Rest assured, where we disclose personal data to a third party in another country, we put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
We treat your personal data security seriously and take the necessary steps to protect it. Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be passed on, sold or distributed to anybody else outside of the above stated reasons.
While we implement security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible on the internet.
It’s important to keep your account and password secure, using the strong password criteria of at least eight characters, but the longer the better and a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols is best.
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are multi-factor authentication, firewalls and information access authorisation controls.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR DATA FOR
We store your data for as long as we have an ongoing business with you, for example when it is necessary for us to provide you with the service you have requested. We also store your personal data to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
We also store the historical data about your studies and certification, which includes your name, contact details and which programs you have undertaken with us and when.
You have the right to:
- know what personal data we hold about you
- request a copy of what personal data we hold about you
- change or update the personal data we hold about you
- request to stop future processing of your personal data
- request to delete your personal data (we will delete all personal data except for the information we are legally required to hold)
You can do any of the above at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWSLETTER AND MARKETING COMMUNICATION
If you are receiving newsletters or marketing communication from us, you can withdraw your consent using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
What is the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from May 25, 2018, and is designed to provide greater transparency and protection to the EU citizens, with personal data privacy.
Who does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR applies not only to organizations who process data in the EU, but also any organization that offers goods or services to, or monitors the behaviour of people inside the EU. GDPR applies even if the processing takes place outside of the EU.
Which data elements fall under the GDPR?
The GDPR applies to information that directly or indirectly could identify an individual. This includes information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, as well as IP addresses, cookie identifiers, device information, advertising identifiers, financial information, geo-location information, social media information and consumer preferences.